Monday, February 9, 2009

Feb. 16,'09 God still does Miracles

One month and two days ago I got the call that Kris was involved in a horrible vehicle accident on her way to work. The reports began to come in and they were not good. My Krissy was alive but, would she remain or would we lose her? Then the great news, we heard and could see for ourselves, she "would live", but then, how "well" would she live? Then more reports would come, not good; "she will never walk again and possibly never talk again" rang out loud, and our hearts dropped, hopeless and torn to shreds. Knowing that God was still IN all of this, we prayed harder and asked more fervently for miracles, big miracles. I have to admit, there were times that I didn't KNOW if God would perform miracles in my Krissy's life. Though I talked about it, did I really BELIEVE he could?

Though third or fourth hand at times, the reports came in with more excitement and hope; life was returning, "medicine and machines" were disappearing, sight, sound and movement were more real. KRISSY IS COMING BACK!

So why wouldn't she?
Why, my fear of losing Kris?
Why wonder if she would return to "normal"? Why did I question any of her recovery, her living? Why were there times I didn't believe in and pray harder for miracles? That's what everyone wanted.
Why; because I remember, I'm human.
All to often we humans forget at times like this that there is a God that CAN, and loves to DO miracles for his kids. It was hard, very hard but now I KNOW more than ever that he DID perform miracles in Kris and he DID hear my prayers. Although humiliating, I now admit my lack of faith and belief, but I know from here on my faith will continue to grow stronger and I will believe more in his Miracle Power and I will share our testimony of this Power. I will continue to give him the glory because of the miracles that he's performed in Krissy.
Having gone through this to this point, I want to remember that "... my thoughts are not your thoughts and my ways are not your ways..., says the Lord"; that the things I want, I might not get; the way I want things to go, may not happen that way and the things I pray (ask) for, I may not get. I want to remember that everything I have, belongs to him (including Kris) and that I should be more and more thankful everyday for the things I have. Another thing I want to remember for my life is what someone once said: "I can't; He can, so I'll let him." That too, is hard to say and do, but the truth, and that saying also pertains to Miracles

It's not pleasant, but sometimes we have to go through something like this for us to believe in, or remind us of God's miracle working power.

Please take some time to think about our story and think about where you are with all of this. What is your relationship like with this Miracle Worker? Take the time to get to KNOW him, or get reacquainted with him before something like this "accident" happens to you or someone you love.

Speaking of miracles and not fully knowing how this "blog" stuff works and "who" reads them, I guess I believe that it will take a miricle for this blog to reach someone that really needs it. That is one of the reasons I started it. I'll be waiting to hear while I prepare more thoughts.

God Bless
Dad, Dennis

2 comments:

  1. Dad Dennis...
    Just wanted you to know that I check the three blogs that I follow regularly in hope for news and comfort... You are doing a wonderful job and I hope it is helping you deal with this, I love you... S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your thoughts, I know you deeply care, & appreciate your expression of love for your(our daughter.) God has a way of delivering your messages, even to your "Krissy"
    Joining in Prayer,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete